Monday, July 7, 2008

The - Tent, Munich!

Hello everyone. It has been more than a week since I last updated my blog. I am sorry about that - hope that none of you have been worrying about me. I have a lot of catching up to do, so I will split it up into a few blog entries.

First, about Munich. Lets just say that Germany has been my favorite country thus far (and by far) on this European excursion. The city is beautiful, and here are a few highlights for what I did. A free bike tour one day with a trip to the EnglishaPark Beergarten. A few days spent just lying by the river - reading, writing, and thinking. Another day I went to the imfamous Hofbrauhaus Beergarten (they serve on average, 10,000 liters of beer PER DAY). I have a great picture of me with a 1 liter beer (easily the size of my head), but I wont be able to upload it until I return home. I will put in some pictures of where I am later today.

After Munich, I decided that I was not going to meeting back up with Adam and James. Because I traveled with them for a good week and a half, I decided I needed to go back to western Europe on my own. Part of getting outside of my comfort zone, going back to a place where less people speak English and it would be harder to communicate.

I successfully made it to Ceske Krumlov, Czech Republic on my own (and without getting lost or having any bad stories to tell - very proud of myself!). I stayed in this beautiful little town for 4 nights. It was expesnive, (internet especially) so I was not able to update my blog while I was there. Pictures to come!

Next entry will be all about Ceske Krumlov. I have 1 minute left so I have to wrap this up. But now I am back in Munich, at the tent, where I have some familiar faces. Next it is on to Spain (Wednesday). Alright time to go. Also in the next entry I will include a story about me helping a girl who lost her bank card! Bye

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear the updates Ryan. They're always so insightful. It almost feels as though we're there with you. Sounds like you're enjoying your time just as you intended to. Can't wait for pictures!

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete