Thursday, July 10, 2008

I survived 33 STRAIGHT hours of train travel!

Hey everyone. I have recently arrived in Seville, Spain after leaving Munich 33 hours before. It took 7 trains including 1 sleeper train to get me here, but I made it nonetheless. It figures, too, that the one day my alarm didn´t go off was when I took the sleeper train. I was so tired from all the travel that I slept for a good 10 hours! Not a great sleep though...paranoid about my backpack getting stolen that I sleep with one as the pillow (the most uncomfortable pillow ever) and one between my legs. You can imagine how I looked doing that...

But for visual purposes:



Above pretty much captures how I felt at the end of the day. Although tired, I really don´t mind the long train rides. They allow me time to think distraction free, and do some reading / writing / relaxing.



This was me two weeks ago on a train to Prague (picture taken by James, my former traveling buddy). This was essentially me during the 33 hour train rides but with a longer beard :) .

Well everyone, I am going to do some edits of the previous posts (on Ceske Krumlov, and The - Tent, Munich). See below for some pictures from my last two weeks.

I cannot believe that in 3 1/2 weeks I will be returning home to The States. It seems like I literally just left, and just a lot has happened in a very short time span, which is essentially true I guess. I am really looking forward to coming home and sharing all my stories and pictures with those who are / have been a big part of my life. August 4 is just around the corner, talk with you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment