Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weekend At a Glance

Good morning! It's Monday and I am at the UMass Admissions Office finishing up a project that I started last week. But before I start I wanted to comment on the pictures that I uploaded last night from this past weekend.

On Saturday, my good friend Patrick Barry came to visit with my Mom and Arthur. We did a walk-through of the house talking about improvements to be made when the weather gets warmer (fresh painting to prevent clapboards from warping, re-doing the ENTIRE garden, building a custom door for the basement, and a few other things...). After that we went to Bueno y Sano for lunch, ABC for a beer, and visited the UMass Sunwheel (see below).


Pat and Arthur couchsurfing at 3 Willow


Housemate and infamous journalist: S.P. Sullivan

The gang in the 3 Willow kitchen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The UMass Sunwheel:

Every 3 months there is a presentation at the UMass Sunwheel. Astronomy Professor Judith Young talks about the equinox (seen below) each spring and fall, as well as the solstice's during the winter and summer. After work on Friday I went to the sunwheel to see the sunset first hand. It was extremely cold, and the field wet, but a very cool experience overall.



Vernal equinox at the UMass Sunwheel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
More bearded dragon:


Me looking goofy with my new friend


We added some outdoor sticks and branches to her terrarium.


The bearded dragon salad.

On a sad note, she hasn't been feeling very well lately. I called the vet this morning as I was getting pretty worried about her. She stopped eating after Saturday night and has begun sleeping a lot. She might be hibernating (called brumating) but she is still very young to do that. I gave her a bath in warm water this morning (making sure to keep her head above the water), put some food in her cage, lowered the temp. in her environment, added some more air holes, and put her in a cool place for the afternoon. I'll check up on her when I get home from work today to see if she's become any more active and any less lethargic. I debated taking her to the vet this morning but the price for a checkup is twice what I paid for her. I feel bad but it was a lot of money for a simple checkup. Sending good thoughts her way...

2 comments:

  1. I read your blog SUN! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ryan,

    Auntie, Grammy and I just viewed your recent blog entry very funny but concerning. We'll send white light her way. Love you,

    Mom, Grammy and Auntie

    ReplyDelete