Thursday, October 15, 2009

Master Healer & Shapeshifter Apprenticeship: Sacred Ground Part I

I'm going away... again. Another week-long course has come up that will fill my head with an assortment of knowledge. This one may seem strange to some of you, but to others it won't seem strange at all. I honestly cannot give you a very lengthy description, because I don't know much about this course. A good friend of mine got me into the course last minute. Again, I cannot say thank you enough to everyone who is helping guide me on this path.

Website description:

This intensive, experiential shapeshifter training combines modern methods with ancient wisdom from cultures around the world—the Amazon basin, Asian steppe, the Himalayas, sacred Mayalands, deserts of Iran and Egypt, islands of Indonesia, and the high Andes—offering a comprehensive training unavailable anywhere else.


During the apprenticeship, those of all skill levels in shamanic work are initiated into powerful shapeshifting and transformational approaches, practice centuries-old healing forms and rituals from original cultures, and join a world-encompassing family of healers committed to individual and global balance.


In this unprecedented period of personal and global change, we are being urged to recognize that we and our planet are one living organism. This training cultivates the spiritual support, consciousness, and skills we need to help us navigate these times with clarity and compassion. Join with like-minded others as we heal, evolve, and manifest a new world dream.


Sacred Ground - Part 1


Shamans are the spiritual mediators for their communities, those who maintain the balance between spirit, humans, and the natural world. All of life is founded on these primary relationships, as well as the notions that everything is sacred and that our natural world is alive, sentient, and can be communicated with.


In Part 1 of the apprenticeship, we establish our shamanic connection to sacred ground, and are introduced to the foundations of the intensive healing forms and rituals that we learn in Part 2 of this training. As we open to sacred forces, we:


  • Practice energetic exercises that heighten awareness and evoke sacred space
  • Draw upon “clan wisdom” in a powerful community setting
  • Walk the shamanic “path of light,” initiated by ancient ceremonies and rites
  • Retrieve and receive huacas (sacred items) and spirit guides
  • Work intimately with the elements, helper spirits, and local guardians
  • Read “karmic winds” and the energy history of the lands, waters, locations, and events
  • Read the human energy profile utilizing candles, stone, and tobacco divination
  • Extract heavy, or disharmonious, energies from the body using eggs and plants
  • Cleanse shamanically with plants, tobacco, and water camaying (breath of spirit)
  • Get initiated and trained to channel fire into the Shapeshifter’s “breath of fire"
I feel extremely fortunate to be attending this course. Instructor, John Perkins wrote the book "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" and has an extensive knowledge about Shamanism. Llyn Roberts has also been studying Shamanism for many years. I have a good feeling that in this particular course, I will experience things unlike anything I've ever experienced before. Who knows what people I'm going to meet and how this next week will change me. I leave Sunday, Oct. 18 and return on Oct. 25. The course is at Omega Institute in Rhinebeck, New York.

If you're interested in what was just explained, feel free to contact me and I'm sure we can have some very interesting conversations. Love and healing,

Ryan
iamharb@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ryan,

    I just read the description of what you are doing there and since I have done a similar workshop in the past but not as extensive I can relate. You are growing spiritually in leaps and bounds and to me it suggests you have done it before and are bringing all of the past learning into this lifetime. You are a teacher and I like the words John used "trailblazer". Enjoy your week.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a great experience at the Omega event. All I can say is "WOW" it sounds great.
    I'd love to hear more about it, sounds so inspiring!
    Linda Bickford
    Shelburne Falls

    ReplyDelete