Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day 1 - 2 Recap

Hey everyone,

I've arrived at Sirius Community in Shutesbury, MA. It's a really great place and the people I've met thus far are wonderful. It is a pretty intensive course...we only get a couple of days off the entire 3 weeks! But the stuff we are learning is totally worthwhile... I'd much rather tell you all about it in-person. In case you all are wondering about numbers:

  • There's about 22 students taking the course
  • There are 4 instructors
  • About 30 people live at Sirius
  • There are people who live across the street from Sirius who are actively involved in the community
Our schedule goes like this:

  • Wake up around 6:45am
  • Breakfast at 7:15 - 8:00
  • Class starts at 8:00 and lasts until 1:00 with a snack period in between
  • Lunch starts at 1:00 and lasts until 2:30 (including free time)
  • We have class again until dinner which is at 6:30 (again, a break or two in between).
  • Some nights we have class from 8:00 - 9:30, other nights we have free time.
I have another blog going, which I will post the link to, as a requirement for the course. I will be blogging regularly on the Living Routes website (click the link) so if you want to follow my day to day routine you can read about it here. http://livingroutes.goabroad.net/iamharb

I'll leave you with some pictures that I took today of the site:










1 comment:

  1. Nice pics ,good hearted people, great philosophy!

    ReplyDelete