Friday, June 26, 2009

Ishmael - by Daniel Quinn

I finished reading this book and I must say that it had a very substantial impact on me. I'd love for others to read this as I think the message it gets across is something that all humans on this planet should understand. The web that we are a part of, not separate from, is effected by every action we take. If an insect flies into a spiders web, a vibration can be felt on the complete opposite corner, which is the point furthest away from where the impact took place. If we do something that harms the environment in any way, it will be felt all over the world and ultimately it hurts us in the end. Putting ourselves ahead of nature, instead of right there with it, is a big reason why we have so many global problems [starvation, droughts, natural disasters leaving countless people homeless...]

If anyone is looking for an excellent and thought provoking book to read this summer, I would highly recommend Ishmael.

1 comment:

  1. You are definitely a very positive addition to the web. I still enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete