Sunday, June 8, 2008

My Final Day in the U.S. of A.



Greetings all. Today is my last full-day in America before I depart on my eight-week long journey to Europe. I have spoken to most of you in-person about my two month adventure, but for those of you that are wondering where I will be going, here is my rough itinerary.

---

June 9, 2008: Depart from Logan International Airport (7:15PM) on Virgin Atlantic and arrive at Heathrow (London, England) at 7:15AM on Tuesday, June 10.

June 10 - June 11: I will be staying in a small town outside of Bristol, England with friends of my mom. I thought it would be a much smoother transition and much less nerve-racking by not jumping right into the hostel lifestyle.

June 12: I will depart from Bristol, England in the morning and set out to St. Pancras train station. I will have all-day to figure out "the underground" (subway) and find my way to the station.

June 13: At 6:00AM, I will depart to "the continent". The Eurostar will bring me to Brussels, Belgium then I will hop aboard a second train to Brugge, Belgium. The first hostel that I will be staying at is called, "Lybeer Travellers' Hostel". The next few days I will spend a lot of my time in museums and sampling the local beer / chocolate.

June 16 or 17 - depending on how much I like Brugge: I will take a train to Amsterdam, Netherlands and see first-hand what the hype is all about. I'm sure I will see some very interesting characters and meet some 'unique' people at the hostel I am staying at. The "Stayokay Amsterdam Zeeburg" is where I will be on June 17 and 18, which is far enough from the action so that I can hopefully get some sleep!

June 19: I will be traveling to Haarlem, Netherlands which is about 15 minutes from Amsterdam by train. There is a festival called Grachtenloop that I'm hoping to catch a glimpse of. All I know is that people play music and run around the canals.

After this my plans are very up-in-the-air. Maybe I will have met up with some other travelers at this point and my route will have changed. However, these are the remaining cities that I am hoping to see (up for change)

End of June: Berlin, Germany > Prague, Czech Republic >Vienna, Austria

Early July: Bratislava, Slovakia > Munich, Germany > Berne, Switzerland

Mid July: Madric and Barcelona, Spain > maybe Lisbon, Portugal

End of July: Paris, France

Early August: London, England.

Depart from England on August 4.

---

I will miss you all and update you throughout my summer travels. Unfortunately I will not be bringing my laptop therefore I can only show you pictures when I return. More updates coming soon!

9 comments:

  1. seeing all of the places you're planning on visiting written out like that is ridiculous. your ambition never ceases to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pics and notes feel I m re living my European trip

    dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ryan

    Just some things that helped keep me centered on my trip to Europe.

    Watching soccer games( Wouldn t it be cool to see a LIVE one?)

    Looking at the same stars at night that you look at back home.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss you. .We had more cutlets and artichokes tonight.

    Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Read you e-mail - Remember todays journey will strengthen tomorrows future.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harb,
    Your the man!! I loved the entire blog thing! Check me out bloggin? Great pictures and well written! I love it! You look so happy and confident. Have a wonderful trip! Make many memories! Thank you for sharing. I feel like I'm with you traveling. Be safe. It's ok to look upward and ask for help. Many are on your side.Say hi to John and Simon for me. Can't wait to read more and see you after your trip.Enjoy and Conquer!

    Arturo

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Special Thanks to John and Simon in England. You will always be remembered for being a big part of Ryan's trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Celtics are the Champs with 131-92 win!!!

    ReplyDelete