Thursday, June 12, 2008

London, England

This will be a short entry due to the short amount of time that I have left. Currently I am writing this in an internet cafe. Small little place near my hostel. I arrived around 1:45 into Victoria Station and got to my hostel around 2:30. I navigated my way through the underground, which was not very difficult, but still a confidence boost.

When I got to the hostel, I checked into my room (6th floor) and there were 4 beds total (2 bunk-beds) but nobody in the room. I unpacked a bit and wrote a little in my travel journal. The knob turned right as I was done writing and I met one of my three roommates. He is from the Hong Kong, probably in his 50's, traveling alone. I was on my way and he was ready for a kip (nap), so we only spoke for about 5 minutes. He told me where to find this internet cafe and I set out to find the quickest way to St. Pancras station. I will be leaving London at 6am tomorrow morning, which means I must wake up around 4:45. Yikes!

I will arrive in Belgium tomorrow morning, and check into my Brugge hostel probably around 10 or 11.

That reminds me, I should e-mail them now and confirm my reservation.

Lastly, I bought some pasta, sauce, tomatoes, and mushrooms from a convenient store nearby my hostel. They have a kitchen in the basement and I plan to cook myself (and if I meet a friend) dinner tonight. This totally reminds me of living in the dorms. Cooking might be a great way to meet a friend I am thinking.

More updates coming soon once I can get settled into Brugge. No point unpacking any further today since London is a less than 24 hour stay. Goodbye for now.

3 comments:

  1. when i was in london i went to a pub named 'soapy joes' and met an elf. no lie. so you should head there and ask for him. he gave me a little tube full of really strong alcohol. i forget what it was called but it tasted delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man, one of my journalism professors sent this link along to me, and I figured you might appreciate it:

    http://frugaltraveler.blogs.nytimes.com/

    It's the NYTime's "frugal traveler," who happens to be touring Europe on a budget, much like you.

    Looks like you're having a good time - lots of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan, don t forget to wish your English friends a happy 4th of July! :)

    ReplyDelete