Sunday, December 21, 2008

Going Down Under!

The time has come for me to travel once again. This time, however, I'm not doing it alone! My girlfriend, Elisha, will be backpacking with me through Australia for 4 weeks. We leave tomorrow (hopefully we will...all of this damn snow!) at 5:41PM. We arrive in San Francisco at 9:28 PM (West Coast time) and board our second flight which goes directly to Sydney, Australia. We arrive in Sydney at 8:05AM Wednesday (Sydney time). You have probably noticed the clocks on the right side of my blog, showing East Coast time and New South Wales time.

Some interesting facts:

  • Sydney time is 16 hours ahead of Boston time
  • In terms of land area, Australia is the 6th largest country in the world (Russia, China, Canada, U.S., Brazil are larger). It is slightly smaller than the U.S. contiguous 48 states.
  • Australia has a population of just over 21 million people. (New York City alone has over 8 million...)
  • Government type is: federal parliamentary democracy
Anyway, this blog will most likely not be as comprehensive as the last Europe blog as I will no longer be by myself and needing to write to keep me sane. I'll have Elisha this time who I think will be a phenominal traveling partner :)



Elisha and I outside after the massive storm, Dec. 22, the day we leave!



More updates after we arrive.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment